Submitting a Create Assignment
This assignment requires you to create a VoiceThread by uploading at least one slide and recording comments on it.
- Sign in to your course.
- Click on the VoiceThread assignment link set up by your instructor.
- Click the yellow “Start Assignment” button on the right.
- To start building a new VoiceThread, click on the course from which you would like to upload or import media, and wait for that media to process. Click “Continue” at the bottom of the screen to go to the commenting options.
If you have already created the VoiceThread you want to use, scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Use an existing VoiceThread instead of creating a new one.” This will take you to a page where you can see all of your VoiceThread, and you can click on one to use it. Click “Continue” at the bottom of the screen to go to the editing area in case you need to add more slides, and then click “Continue” again to go to the commenting options.
- Once you have met the requirements for the assignment, you will see blue checkmarks next to each item in your to-do list. Click the yellow “Submit” button on the right to complete your assignment.
- If your instructor would like you to view and comment on your classmates’ submissions, click on the “Student Gallery” button beneath the Submit button. This will open a new browser tab and take you to a page where you can view all of your classmates’ work for this assignment.
- Open the VoiceThread app.
- Tap on “Find my Institution.”
- Search for your institution by title or custom domain, and tap on it.
- Make sure your LMS or course system is selected as your sign-in method.
- Tap “Sign in.”
- Sign in to your LMS as you normally would.
- Navigate to your course.
- Tap on the VoiceThread link provided by your instructor. This will take you to the assignment.
- View the details for the assignment, and then tap “Start Assignment” to begin. To dismiss the instructions, tap on the arrow in the top-left corner.
- If you’ve already created the VoiceThread you want to submit, tap on it in your list of VoiceThreads, and then tap “Submit” on the instructions that pop up. Tap “Share with class” if you want the rest of your class to see your submission. If you do not check this box, your submission will only be shared with your instructor.
- If you haven’t already created the VoiceThread you want to submit, tap on the “Create a new VoiceThread” button at the bottom of the screen.
- Upload any slides you want to include.
- Tap on the “Continue” button at the bottom of the screen to open the slides you have added.
- Record comments on your slides.
- Tap on the menu icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select “Assignment Details” from the menu that appears at the bottom of your screen.
- Tap “Submit.” Tap “Share with class” if you want the rest of your class to see your submission. If you do not check this box, your submission will only be shared with your instructor.
- If you need to get back to your LMS to access another assignment, tap on the menu icon the top-left corner of the screen and select the first item in that list.